This dessert is so fast, simple and easy. It is perfect for summer entertaining! Everyone loves this dessert option.
It is a lighter dessert, it is cold and it doesn’t leave you feeling heavy or gross afterwards. I think there is no better dessert to share with a loved one after a special meal or fun dessert for kids.
You can do this recipe up ahead of time and have it in your freezer for a quick-to-serve dessert option.
Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana
Makes 6 Chocolate Covered Bananas
- 1 Cup Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Natural Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Natural Maple Syrup
- 6 Bananas
- Shredded Coconut (for topping – optional)
- Place peeled bananas in the freezer in a parchment lined sealed tight container for 3-4 hours or overnight (best if bananas aren’t touching).
- Once frozen remove bananas from freezer. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place coconut oil (do not heat coconut oil. Use at room temperature as it. It will soften as you process), cocoa powder and maple syrup into your food processor and blend until smooth (stopping a couple times to scrape down the sides).
- Place chocolate in a bowl big enough for dipping the bananas.
- Place 1 banana at a time into the bowl coating the banana fully with chocolate using a spoon.
- Place chocolate covered bananas back on parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with coconut while still wet (if desired).
- Let banana set for a few moments and then cut into pieces for bite-sized snacking.
- Serve immediately. Garnish plate with a mint leaf if desired. Enjoy!
Storage – I suggest keeping these in an air-tight container in your freezer to maintain proper consistency.
DAMY Members – 1 chocolate covered banana is a great treat option.