As you all know I am a temperature-sensitive being and with this hot weather I have been heavily relying on cool snacks, treats and smoothies. I find drinking smoothies I, not only reduce my body temperature, but I ensure that I get all the nutrients that I need into my day without too much effort.
I love shaking it up and creating different flavors of smoothies not only for the taste of different flavors but also the different nutritional aspects of the whole food ingredients I love to use.
These smoothie recipes taste fantastic and they are powerful beauty elixirs.
You can read what I love about this smoothie below:
- Strawberry – Strawberries are vibrant, delicious low glycemic fruits that are abundant in vitamin C and manganese making them great for maintaining healthy bones. They are also a good source of folate and potassium. It is the anti-oxidant capacity of strawberries that make them extra special. Their anthocyanin and ellagic acid compounds make them anti-oxidant powerhouses that may reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
- Lemon – Lemon has many benefits and has been used historically for its vitamin C content and as an alkalizer. Lemon, like strawberries, has a significant anti-oxidant capacity thanks to its vitamin C, vitamin A and carotenoid content. They help to boost immunity, aid in digestion and may speed up your metabolic rate.
- Cashews – Cashews are high in healthy fats, minerals and vitamins. Cashews are energy dense and are an incredible, nutritious option for satisfying your appetite. The mineral content of cashews includes selenium, copper and zinc. They have significant levels of many different B vitamins important for supporting the energy processes of the body. The zea-xanthin antioxidant content of cashews may provide UV protection for your eyes and prevent macular degeneration.
Check out these links for other great DAMY Smoothies:
- The Complete Guide to Creating Green Juice and Smoothies
- The Key Lime Radiant Beauty Smoothie
- Sexy Raw Pecan Pie Smoothie
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, raw, anti-oxidant packed and nutrient dense.
Strawberry Cheesecake Youth Glow Smoothie
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Yield: Makes 1 Serving
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Cashew Butter
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Strawberries
- 1 Lemon (1 Tbsp Lemon Juice + 1 Tsp Lemon Zest)
- 2 Packets Stevia
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (OR Coconut Water)
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (OR 2 Tbsp Hemp Seeds)
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (Optional)
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Note: Feel free to either blend the shredded coconut with the other ingredients or top your smoothie with it before you drink.
DAMY Members - 1 Smoothie is great for meal two.