I love simple, delicious, one-pot meals. Life is hectic so any corners I can cut to get a healthy, delicious meal on the table I will.
This recipe is as simple or as complex as you choose to make it. You can pick up most of these ingredients ready-to-go. You just throw everything in the pot, cover it and in 45 minutes you have a meal that looks like it took effort.
In the Fall I find myself gravitating towards root vegetables and warming spices. I love making soups and stews. These are amazing to make for a couple reasons:
- They taste unreal.
- They warm your body and give you that cozy, hearty meal feeling.
- They are even better warmed up the next day for lunch.
- You only have to basically wash one pot.
- Fast, healthy and delicious.
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, low carb, low fat, high veggie, warm, filling and cozy.
Creamy Pumpkin Vegetable Curry (V/GF)
Prep time: 5 Minutes – Cook time: 45 Minutes – Total time: 50 Minutes
Yield: 4-5 Servings
- 1 Box (1 L) Organic Carrot Ginger Cashew Soup (Pacific Foods Brand)
- 1 Box (225 g – uncooked) Organic Quinoa
- 1 Bag (5 Cups) Cabbage Salad
- 2 Red Bell Peppers (Sliced)
- 2 Heaping Tbsp Yellow Curry (More or less to taste)
- 1-2 Tbsp Braggs Liquid Aminos (to taste)
- 1/4 Cup Organic Light Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 1/2 Cups Pumpkin Puree
- Top with Cashews once served if desired
- Place all ingredients excluding the coconut milk and cashews into a large pot or skillet with a cover.
- Place stove on medium-low heat covered stirring occasionally for 45 minutes (if ingredients are bubbling aggressively lower heat to ‘low’).
- Uncover and stir in coconut milk turing the heat to low.
- Serve and top with cashews.
- Note: You can use Squash Soup or Vegetable Broth with any pureed root vegetable you wish.
- Note: You can shred the cabbage yourself if you wish. I used a mix of green cabbage and red.
DAMY Members – 2 Cups with a side salad is a fabulous lunch option.