I am so thrilled to share this recipe with you. It is a complete winner and I hope that everyone makes it!
This recipe is for anyone that does or doesn’t like clams who enjoys savoury fried food flavors without all the added junk and guilt.
I am extremely guilty of creating and sharing more sweet recipes that I do savoury. It is just naturally where my brain goes more often (as you can probably tell from our massive ebook cookbook – The Healthy Rebel Raw Dessert and Treat Recipes that features over 120+ sweet treats).
I do however create a lot of savoury recipes. I just forget to blog them. So, I am making it a mission to create more recipes for my savoury friends and to photograph and share the recipes I do create. This leads me to a little secret – There will be another Healthy Rebel eBook Cookbook launching next month that will be featuring baked and savoury recipes!
These little bites of breaded deliciousness are wonderful served on their own, dipped in natural ketchup, on top of quinoa, loaded into lettuce wraps or on top of a salad.
This is such a versatile, simple, delicious recipe. Next time you are craving something savoury with that fried flavor try this.
***For more awesome and inventive recipe using cauliflower click here.
*Love cauliflower bites? Try my Hot & Spicy Tandoori Cauliflower Bites
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, grain free, high fiber, soy free and the perfect Fried Clam Dupe.
Vegan version of Breaded “Fried” Clams
(no real clams or frying involved)
Prep time: 10 Minutes – Cook time: 45 Minutes – Total time: 55 Minutes
Yield: 3 Servings
- 1/2 Head (or 4 Cups) of Cauliflower (flowerettes)
- 1 Medium (or almost 4 Cups) Eggplant
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2-3 Tbsp Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/3 Cup Garbanzo and Fava Bean Flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- Pre-heat your oven to 400F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a large bowl.
- Cut cauliflower flowerettes into small nuggets (the size of 1/2 your pinky finger).
- Slice eggplant into 1 inch sized french fry slices (roughly the size of 1/2 your pinky finger).
- Place cauliflower and eggplant in a large bowl and mix completely with coconut oil.
- Add hot sauce and stir until eggplant and cauliflower are completely coated.
- Add garlic salt and flour together so that they are mixed.
- Add flour mixture to eggplant and cauliflower coating everything evenly.
- Spread breaded cauliflower and eggplant onto your parchment covered baking sheet evenly in one layer.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Cauliflower and eggplant should be golden and firm.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and let your breaded “clams” sit for 5-7 minutes before plating (this ensures they hold their form and become more of a clam-like texture).
- Serve and enjoy.
DAMY Members – You can use 1/3 of this recipe at lunch or supper just add veggies and/or salad and a protein. One of my favorite ways to have this is on top of a salad.