Chocolate peanut butter cookies brings me back to my childhood. The combination is dreamy and for those that like it they like it a lot.
These cookies are thick, chewy, grain free, dairy free, gluten free, vegan and simple to make. These cookies are perfect on their own dipped in a nice glass of almond milk.
This recipe doesn’t last long in my house!
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, all natural ingredients and simple to make.
Deep Dish Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan/Gluten Free)
Prep time: 5 Minutes – Cook time: 12 Minutes – Total time: 17 Minutes
Yield: Makes 24 Mini Deep Dish Cookies
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil (Room Temperature)
- 3 Tbsp All Natural Peanut Butter
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup (If you desire for these to be more sweet add 1 more tbsp of maple syrup or 10 drops of liquid stevia)
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- Dash of Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Mini Vegan Chocolate Chips (I used Enjoy Life Brand)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Place all ingredients (except Chocolate Chips) in your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove dough from food processor and place into a bowl. Add chocolate chips distributing them evenly over the dough pressing them in with a spatula. The dough may appear crumbly. Do not stress – once you press the dough with your hands into balls it will form.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with a healthy non-stick cooking spray thoroughly.
- Using your hands roll dough into 1 inch balls and place balls in muffin tin. Using a spoon press each ball down. Your dough should fill the tin at least 1/3 of the way up.
If you find your dough is dry why rolling into balls dampen your hands a little with water.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (until golden brown).
- These cookies can be very fragile. When you remove your cookies from the oven let them sit in the muffin tin for 10 minutes before placing them on the cooling rack. This will ensure that they stay set in form.
- Gently remove each deep dish cookie using a knife to loosen the sides and pop them out. Then place cookies on a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Enjoy! .
- Tip – store these cookies in the refrigerator as they do not contain any preservatives.
DAMY Members – 2-3 Cookies is a good treat option.