I recently purchased silicone doughnut molds and have been wanting to try them out. My husband’s favorite doughnut (he claims) is the Chocolate Walnut Crunch so I decided to make a raw vegan version.
You can dress these doughnuts anyway you would like using the toppings or frostings listed below. They turned out delicious and are sure to satisfy any decadent dessert cravings.
Vegan Chocolate Chips
This recipe is gluten free, vegan, dairy free, raw, simple and a chocolate lovers dream!
Double Chocolate Walnut Crunch Glazed Doughnuts
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Yield: Makes 6-8 Doughnuts
- 1 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 1 Cup Walnuts
- 1 Cup Pre-Soaked Pitted Dates (I soak mine overnight) or Super Ripe Medjool Dates
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Place all doughnut ingredients and pulse until coarsely ground (but not fine – some texture still visible).
- Using your hands press doughnut dough into silicone molds.
- Place in the freezer for 3 or more hours.
- Remove from freezer, gently pop out of silicone molds, ice and top as desired.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Tip – Store this recipe in the refrigerator or freezer.
DAMY Members – 1 Doughnut is the perfect treat option.