This recipe is “knock your socks off”, “blow your hair back”, “do a little dance in your kitchen” good. If you are looking for a rich coconut chocolate treat this recipe is perfect.
This is a wonderful recipe to bring to events, for entertaining or for gifts. These chocolate bars taste just like an Almond Joy Bar or Mounds Bar but better. These are created with all natural, simple ingredients that your body knows how to digest.
As you know I love taking my old favorite treats and transforming them into whole-food, clean treat goodness. This recipe now sits at the top with my other favorite recipes I have transformed.
To check out some of my other favorite healthy dupes for naughty treats please see my links below:
- Homemade Icy Square Chocolates (Coconut Oil Chocolates)
- Reeces Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
- Raw Homemade Snickers Bar
- Homemade Chewy Vegan Salted Caramels
- Homemade Raw Vegan Turtles Chocolates
- Raw Vegan Chocolate Covered Salted Caramels
- Healthy Vegan Peanut Butter Mousse
- Guilt-Free Pizza Bites (Cauliflower Pizza Bites)
- The Healthy Rebel – Raw Dessert & Treat Recipe eBook Cookbook
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, raw, all natural ingredients, the perfect Mounds Bar and Almond Joy Chocolate Bar dupe.
Homemade Vegan Almond Joy Bars
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Yield: Makes 15 Bars
- 1 Cup Raw Sliced Almonds
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Large Fresh Medjool Dates (Pitted & Chopped)
- 2 Cups Plain Shredded Coconut
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup (Coconut Sap, Agave or 10 Drops Liquid Stevia to make this recipe sugar free)
- 30 Whole Raw Almonds
- 1 Tbsp Virgin Coconut Oil
- Prepare our Chocolate Coating Recipe found here. Prepare recipe but do not freeze into chocolates. Leave at room temperature.
- In your food processor pulse sliced almonds until they are fine almond meal.
- Add all other ingredients aside from coconut and pulse until dough-like.
- Pulse in coconut until mixed without being finely blended.
- Line a large plate with parchment paper.
- Using your hands form dough into 2-3 inch bars.
- Press two almonds into each bar.
- Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Prepare chocolate coating (directions here).
- Place bars on a grated cooling rack with parchment or a dish below to catch drippings.
- Remove bars from freezer, place on rack and using a spoon quickly drizzle chocolate evenly over the top and sides.
- Enjoy immediately or place back in the refrigerator or freezer to enjoy at a later date.
DAMY Members – 1-2 Bars is an awesome treat.
Is there a reason to make the almond meal yourself or can you just use store-bought almond meal? Wasn’t sure if it was a texture thing or if it’s just in case folks don’t have almond meal at home.