I love the flavor of lemon in the warmer months. The tart, fresh lemon mixed with creamy, sticky, sweet caramel is an unbelievable combination.
These bars are extremely easy to make, are beautiful to serve and taste amazing. If you are looking for a fresh sweet tart dessert this is the perfect choice. You could also dress these squares up when entertaining by adding a dollop of coconut cream to each bar.
For lemon lovers you are free to add more or less lemon as you desire. For myself, I love the bold flavor of lemon so I pour on the zest.
I definitely suggest trying these beautiful squares.
This recipe is raw, vegan, gluten free, larabar-like crust, sweet, sticky and lemon caramel goodness.
Lemon Caramel Bars (Raw/Vegan)
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Yield: Makes 18 Squares
- 1 1/3 Cup Almonds
- 1 1/3 Cup Cashews
- 1 1/3 Cup Large Fresh Medjool Dates (Pitted & Chopped)
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Rind
Lemon Caramel Ingredients:
- 10-14 Large Fresh Medjool Dates (Pitted & Chopped)
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Natural Almond Butter
- 10 Drops Liquid Stevia
Extra for Topping:
- 3-4 Tbsp Lemon Rind
- Line your 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and place in the freezer.
- Place all square ingredients into your food processor and pulse until dough-like with still visible crushed nuts.
- Remove baking dish from freezer and press dough down evenly into baking dish.
- Place all lemon caramel ingredients into your food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Spread evenly over dough.
- Sprinkle the top of your squares with lemon rind and place squares into your freezer.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from freezer, cut into squares and enjoy immediately.
- Store in the freezer.
- Best enjoyed with a fork.
DAMY Members – 2 Squares is a great treat option.