I love treat recipes that I can make in bulk and have in my freezer for a quick-to-grab treat. I love enjoying just a couple here and there as a treat option when I am doing the Bikini Body Program. They are the perfect treat option without over indulging.
Some of my favorite recipes that I have created are balls, bites and truffles that are made in the freezer, simple, healthy and delicious.
These Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Balls are lower in fat and higher in fiber than other variations I have created in the past. You can also make these sugar free if you choose.
Next time you are craving cookie dough I highly recommend making these chocolate covered delicious bites.
For more of my favorite freezer-made balls, bites and truffles see the list and links below:
- Secretly Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- Quinoa Haystacks
- Key Lime Pie Macaroons
- Chocolate Covered Macaroons
- Maca Superfood Macaroons
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls
- Java Mocha Protein Balls
- Blueberry Muffin, Cranberry Truffle and Cherry Pie Protein Balls
- Key Lime Pie Protein Balls
- Superfood Goddess Bites (Super Balls)
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, high fiber, secretly healthy and can be sugar free.
Healthy Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Balls
Prep time: 1 Hour
Yield: Makes 12-18 Cookie Dough Bites
Cookie Dough Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 Cups Cooked, Rinsed and Drained Chickpeas (Canned is fine)
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil (Room Temperature)
- 2 Tbsp All Natural Cashew or Almond Butter
- 1/4 Cup Natural Maple Syrup (Agave, Coconut Sap or Liquid Stevia to tasted – approx 10-15 drops)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup Mini Vegan Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Coating Ingredients:
- 2-3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Oil (Room Temperature)
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup (or Agave or to make these sugar free 5-10 drops liquid stevia to taste)
- Place all Cookie Dough Ingredients excluding the chocolate chips into your food processor and blend until completely smooth stopping to scrape down the sides.
- Mix chocolate chips into your batter using a spatula.
- Place ingredients in a glass baking dish or loaf pan and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer and using a melon baller or spoon roll into 1 inch cookie dough balls and place on a plate.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Place all chocolate coating ingredients into your food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour smooth chocolate coating into a bowl.
- Remove cookie dough balls from the freezer and dip each ball or coat evenly with chocolate coating.
- Enjoy immediately or place in a sealed tight container in the freezer for later.
DAMY Members – 3 Cookie Dough Bites is a delicious treat option.