This recipe is definitely one of my top 5 healthy treat recipes of all time! I absolutely adore it. The smooth silky cookie dough coating with a creamy peanut butter candy bar-like coating is a match made in heaven.
The fact that the cookie dough is made with high fiber, high protein beans is an awesome surprise all on its own. From kids to adults everyone will love this recipe.
You, of course, can make this recipe with or without the peanut butter coating depending on your taste. If you enjoy peanut butter I highly suggest trying the peanut butter coating.
Having a container of these little bites of heaven in your freezer is a great option for quick-to-grab treats without the guilt.
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, high fiber, simple, and a secretly healthy cookie dough option.
Secretly Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Prep time: 1 Hour
Yield: Makes 12-18 Cookie Dough Bites
Cookie Dough Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 Cups Cooked, Rinsed and Drained Chickpeas (Canned is fine)
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil (Room Temperature)
- 1/4 Cup Natural Maple Syrup (Agave, Coconut Sap or Liquid Stevia to tasted – approx 10-15 drops)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup Mini Vegan Chocolate Chips
Peanut Butter Coating Ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup All Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil (Room Temperature)
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup (or Agave or to make these sugar free 5-10 drops liquid stevia to taste)
- Place all Cookie Dough Ingredients excluding the chocolate chips into your food processor and blend until completely smooth stopping to scrape down the sides.
- Mix chocolate chips into your batter using a spatula.
- Place ingredients in a glass baking dish or loaf pan and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer and using a melon baller or spoon roll into 1 inch cookie dough balls and place on a plate.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Place all peanut butter coating ingredients into your food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour smooth peanut butter coating into a bowl.
- Remove cookie dough balls from the freezer and dip each ball or coat evenly with peanut butter coating.
- Enjoy immediately or place in a sealed tight container in the freezer for later.
DAMY Members – 3 Cookie Dough Bites is a delicious treat option.