For the last couple of weeks I have been on the East Coast visiting my family after almost two years of not seeing them. It has been a wonderful whirl-wind trip.
My husband and I had the crazy idea of driving from the West Coast to the East Coast instead of flying. We had the time and were ready for the adventure.
We drove mostly through the US and had some really neat experiences.
Let me know if you are interested in the comments below and if so I will do a post with photos from our trip and talk about where we stayed etc.
While here on the East Coast my sister and her husband have been taking me to markets and exploring the best the East Coast has to offer. While at a market my brother-in-law got a delicious treat that was an apple “Poutine”. This recipe had cream cheese, regular caramel and toffee pieces. As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to create a raw/vegan, all natural, high fiber version.
The recipe below is super simple and delicious. It is a great recipe for kids and adults.
This recipe is raw, vegan, gluten free, simple, all natural ingredients and the perfect clean treat or snack.
Sweet Caramel Apple “Poutine”
Prep time: 7 Minutes
Yield: Serves 2-6 (add more apples for more people)
- 2 Apples (Chopped into “Fries”)
- Prepared Coconut Whipped Cream
- Prepared Raw Vegan Caramel Sauce OR 10 Medjool Dates without the pits, blended until smooth with warm water to consistency)
- Prepare caramel sauce and set aside.
- Prepare Coconut Whipped Cream and set aside.
- Chop apples into fries and place on plates.
- Drizzle caramel and add dollop of coconut whipped cream.
- Serve and enjoy.
DAMY Members – 1 apple and 2 tbsp caramel sauce can be used for meal 2 or a treat option in a larger serving.