This recipe is a super delicious, super clean treat option. This recipe was sent to me by Amy Elaine (shout out for this awesome idea!). She found this delicious looking recipe and wanted me to give it the ‘DAMY’ spin.
I turned this recipe into a whole ingredient, vegan, high fiber dessert using no added sugar, chemicals or artificial colors. It turned out awesome.
This recipe is a perfect dessert option for this time of year. You can use any type of apple you wish as long as they are crisp, fresh apple. Here in Vancouver, BC we are so fortunate to have access to local apple farms this time of year. There are so many varieties to choose from.
For the caramel I used our Raw Vegan Caramel Recipe found here. Just prepare the Raw Vegan Caramel Recipe but do not roll them into caramels and freeze them. Just use the caramel straight from the food processor. Easy peazy!
I hope you enjoy this baked clean version of the Bloomin’ Caramel Apple.
For more caramel apple inspired recipes check out the links below:
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, contains no added sugar, high fiber, made from whole, natural ingredients, grain free, warm, sweet and delicious.
Baked Bloomin’ Caramel Apple
Prep time: 10 Minutes – Cook time: 35 Minutes – Total time: 45 Minutes
Yield: Makes 2-4 Servings
- 2-4 Crisp Apples
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 10-15 Drops Liquid Stevia
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp Vegan Caramel (recipe here)
- Pre-heat your oven to 375F.
- Slice off the very top of your apples.
- Scoop out the core.
- Using a sharp thin knife slice a circular layer midway between where the core was and the outside of the apple.
- Flip the apple over and cut slices vertically 80% of the apple (leave about 1/2 inch at the bottom so the slices stay intact).
- Place apples in baking dish and scoop 1-2 tbsp of vegan caramel into the center of the apples.
- On the stove top heat coconut oil, coconut flour, cinnamon and stevia on a low heat until smooth.
- Drizzle over the top of caramel filled apples (leave some for after).
- Place in the oven and bake apples for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and using a large spoon scoop into bowls and serve.
- You can serve these apples on their own, you can top them with coconut whipped cream or vegan ice cream.
DAMY Members – 1 Serving is an awesome clean treat option.