I have done a few different variations of ginger snaps or ginger-style cookies in the past but I have always wanted to do a more traditional style. With Thanksgiving coming up here in Canada this weekend I wanted to create cookies with Fall spices.
These cookies are simple to make and are truly delicious. If you are vegan or not, gluten free or not it really doesn’t matter these cookies will equally please everyone.
I ususally do all of my baking and photos for the blog during the day as I like using natural light for my photos. As it becomes Fall here in Vancouver we lose light faster and faster. I found myself scrambling to get everything done during the day and to get my photos taken.
So over the weekend my husband built me a DIY Lightbox. I’m using it for this recipe today and I’m really enjoying it.
Natural light will always be my favorite but in a time crunch this lightbox is going to be perfect.
Below are some links to other Ginger-style cookies I’ve done and some wonderful frosting options.
- Raw Gingerbread Cheesecake Bites
- Gluten-Free Soft Ginger Snap Recipe
- Pumpkin Cheesecake and Ginger Snap Trifle (Vegan)
- Raw Cinnamon Buns
- Skinny Cinnamon Bun Cheesecake Squares
- Healthy Cinnamon Bun Cookies
- Thick, Creamy and Rich Chocolate Frosting (Raw & Vegan)
- Ginger Snap Cookies with Pumpkin Cheesecake Buttercream (Vegan)
Classic DAMY Cookie Recipes:
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies (GF)
- Deep Dish Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan/Gluten Free)
- Healthy Sugar Cookies (Gluten Free/Grain Free)
What is your favorite cookie?
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, grain free, high fiber, contains all natural ingredients and warming spices.
Healthy GINGER SNAP Cookie Recipe (Vegan)
Prep time: 12 Minutes – Cook time: 10 Minutes – Total time: 22 Minutes
Yield: 25-27 1.5 Inch Cookies or 16 2 Inch Cookies (cook time will be 3-6 minutes longer)
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 3 Tbsp Organic Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Organic Molasses
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- Dash Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ginger (or what I love doing is 1/2 Tsp of powdered ginger and 1/2 tsp of real grated ginger)
- 1/4 Tsp Cloves
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Place all ingredients in your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove dough from food processor onto large sheet of saran wrap (enough to completely wrap the dough). The dough may appear crumbly until you do this. Do not stress – place the dough in the saran wrap, completely wrap it and place it in the refrigerator. When you remove the dough it will be smooth and easy to work with.
- Place dough in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to chill (this is just to make it easy to work with).
- Spread dough out evenly using a rolling pin with dough covered in saran wrap (or you can just use your hands).
- Cut out your cookies using a cookie cutter. I used a 2 inch cookie cutter.
- Place on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes (until golden brown) or less if you are doing the smaller cookies.
- These cookies can be very fragile. When you remove your cookies from the oven let them sit on the baking sheet for 5-7 minutes before placing them on the cooling rack. This will ensure that they stay set in form.
- Gently place cookies on a cooling rack and let cool.
- You can ice these cookies or serve them plain. Both are equally delicious.
DAMY Members – 2 Cookies is a treat.