I am a person that very rarely gets sick. When I do get sick or I’m beginning to get sick I have an extremely hard time recognizing the feeling.
Instead of slowing down and taking care of myself (like I advise all of my DAMY Health community members) I start to almost panic and get anxious. It always takes someone in my life to suggest that I’m just getting sick and that I need to rest.
The last time I was sick I was feeling extremely nauseous which is very odd for me. So it sent me into a real stressed place.
I also don’t like taking medications and want to just preserve using such things for extreme circumstances.
So my beloved husband went and got me oscillococcinum and gin gin ginger chews. I was skeptical that this would be the solution but after taking both and resting I felt 100% better. This was the kick off to my love affair with gin gins.
I wanted to create some ginger chews for my family to be able to use in the winter months or when we are not feeling well that only contain whole, natural ingredients and that are naturally sweet (no added sugar).
Ginger is great for many different reasons. It is a warming root so I love consuming it in the Fall or Winter. Ginger is used for preventing and healing colds, for calming nausea, cramps, aiding digestion and these ginger chews contain natural sugar so they will also be great for before workouts.
If you love ginger you will love this recipe.
This recipe is raw, vegan, gluten free, all natural ingredients, hot & spicy and the perfect homemade gin gin substitute.
Homemade Ginger Chews (GIN GINS)
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Yield: 20-30 Ginger Chews
- 10 Large Soft (Fresh and Pitted) Medjool Dates
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Natural Pure Almond Butter
- 10 Drops Liquid Stevia
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Powdered Coconut Sugar (Optional)
- Place all ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth stopping to scrape down the sides (keep blending and scraping until the mixture is smooth and dough-like).
- Line a bowl with saran wrap and scrape ginger chew dough into it.
- Place in the freezer or refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Line a sealed tight container with parchment paper or saran wrap.
- Remove ginger chew dough from the refrigerator and roll into little balls.
- Place into parchment or saran wrap lined sealed tight container.
- Sprinkle or roll ginger chews with powdered coconut sugar if you desire.
- Keep ginger chews in the freezer until ready to enjoy as there are no preservatives in this recipe and this keeps the chews firm.
DAMY Members – 5-10 chews can be used for meal two.