This recipe is surprisingly simple and delicious. I’m shocked at how much I love this recipe.
I may or may not have had it for breakfast this morning. (Shhh… don’t tell)
I love taking classic favorite treats and giving them the healthy, whole foods spin. This is my “Healthy Rebel” side coming out.
I have done quite a few inspired dupes that have turned out awesome but have yet to have done this classic caramel peanut butter flavored treat:
- Salted Caramels
- Cauliflower Pizza Bites
- Breaded Fried Clams
- Baked Bloomin’ Caramel Apple
- Blondie Brownie Caramel Cheesecake
This recipe is perfect if you love peanut butter – which I happen to.
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, raw, grain free, no added sugar and the perfect Payday Bar dupe.
Homemade PAYDAY Bar
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Yield: 10 Mini Payday Bars
- 10 Large Soft (Fresh and Pitted) Medjool Dates
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
- 10 Drops Liquid Stevia
- 1/2 Cup Raw Peanuts
- Place all ingredients (excluding the peanuts) into your food processor and blend until smooth stopping to scrape down the sides (keep blending and scraping until the mixture is smooth and dough-like).
- Line a bowl with saran wrap and scrape caramel dough into it.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes (this is just to make the caramel easier to roll).
- On your counter line your work area with parchment paper or saran wrap.
- Remove caramel dough from the freezer and roll into mini Payday Bars.
- In a bowl add all peanuts and roll each Payday Bar into the peanuts gently pressing them into the bars.
- You can place the Payday Bars into a parchment lined container or individually wrap them in wax paper to store in the freezer. Enjoy these after 30 minutes and straight from the freezer.
- Keep Payday Bars in the freezer or refrigerator (I enjoy freezer better) until ready to enjoy as there are no preservatives in this recipe.
DAMY Members – 1-2 Payday Bar is a great treat option.