Any time I can I enjoy making personal portioned desserts over large desserts. This is for a couple different reasons.
One – I think they are pretty and cute and really impressive on a plate.
Two – Coming from being an overeater without knowing boundaries having a specific pre-portioned dessert is perfect for me. I think this is a really great way to re-train your brain when working on overcoming overeating.
These pies are delicious and have a twist for Fall using the secret ingredient – Pumpkin!
These are chocolate pies made with whole, natural ingredients that taste amazing. Everyone will enjoy these simple, yummy pies.
I also enjoyed that they have a somewhat rustic look for Fall that are beautiful on the plate. You can dress these up in anyway you choose and enjoy them at any time.
If you are storing these pies it is best to store them in a sealed tight container in the refrigerator.
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, simple, high fiber, contains a secret ingredient, all natural pure ingredients and the perfect chocolate pie.
How to Make Healthy Chocolate Pie
Prep time: 10 Minutes – Cook time: 18 Minutes – Total time: 28 Minutes
Yield: Makes 9-12 Pies
Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats (Uncontaminated for Gluten Free)
- 1 1/2 Cups Hazelnuts (or Walnuts, Pecans, Almonds, etc)
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 5 Pitted Dates
- 15 Drops of Liquid Stevia (or 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup, Coconut Sap, etc)
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1/2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
Chocolate Filling Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 Cups Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 4 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 15 Drops Liquid Stevia (If you do not like stevia 2-3 tbsp of maple syrup will work)
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Hazelnut Butter (or Cashew/Almond Butter)
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk (More if needed)
- 1/2 Tsp Instant Coffee (Optional)
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 375F.
- Using a regular muffin tin spray the muffin tin or using coconut oil grease evenly.
- Place all Crust ingredients aside from water into your food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Add in 2 tbsp of water slowly.
- Evenly press down pie crusts into muffin tin. Note: You will get 9-12 pies varying on how thick you like the crust.
- Place all pie filling ingredients into your food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Fill pie crusts evenly with chocolate filling and place in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove pies from the oven and let sit for 5-7 minutes. Using a knife release the edges of the pie crusts and gently place them on a cooling rack.
- Let pies cool completely.
- Top with coconut whipped cream and crushed nuts if desired and enjoy.
DAMY Members – Enjoy 1-2 mini pies as a great, healthy treat option.