If you follow my blog regularly you will know that I love mini desserts. So when creating my Bananas Foster Warm Bread Pudding I couldn’t help but envision it as adorable little pies.
The result was fantastic.
These mini pies have a crunchy yet soft crust that is naturally sweet with a touch of salt and the filling is warm, perfectly caramelized bananas. Add a dollop of coconut whipped cream and you have mini pie heaven!
These warm, sweet, extremely satisfying pies are a perfect Fall dessert.
For more Fall Inspired Healthy Dessert Recipes check out these below:
- The Best Caramel Apple Recipe (Caramel Apple Dip)
- Sweet Caramel Apple “Poutine”
- Mini Caramel Apple Pies
- Secret Ingredient BANANA BREAD with Chocolate Frosting
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Cream Pie (GF, Raw and Vegan)
- Easy Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Spicy Pumpkin “Corn Bread” (Perfect for dipping)
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, dairy free, egg free, all-natural ingredients, warm, naturally sweet and delicious.
Healthy Salted Caramel Banana Cream Pie
Prep time: 10 Minutes – Cook time: 45-55 Minutes – Total time: 55 Minutes
Yield: Makes 9-12 Mini Pies
Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats (Uncontaminated for Gluten Free)
- 1 1/2 Cups Hazelnuts (or Walnuts, Pecans, Almonds, etc)
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 5 Pitted Dates
- 15 Drops of Liquid Stevia (or 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup, Coconut Sap, etc)
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Water
Banana Caramel Ingredients:
- 10 Pitted Large Fresh Medjool Dates
- 1 Tsp Rum Extract (You can use 2-3 tbsp of real rum if you wish)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Pure Natural Almond Butter
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 10 Drops Liquid Stevia
- Dash of Sea Salt
- 4 Tbsp Water (More if needed)
- 3 Bananas Peeled and Sliced Lengthwise and Across
- Pre-prepared Coconut Whipped Cream
- Pre-heat your oven to 375F.
- Using a regular muffin tin spray the muffin tin or using coconut oil grease evenly.
- Place all Crust ingredients aside from water into your food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Add in 2 tbsp of water slowly.
- Evenly press down pie crusts into muffin tin. Note: You will get 9-12 pies varying on how thick you like the crust.
- Fill pie crusts evenly and place in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove crusts from the oven and let sit for 5-7 minutes. Using a knife release the edges of the pie crusts and gently place them on a cooling rack.
- Let crusts cool completely.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add one tbsp of coconut oil.
- In the food processor add all caramel ingredients (excluding the bananas, walnuts and coconut whipped cream).
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Add caramel ingredients to the heated pan and cook until bubbling. If your caramel is thick add more water (2 tbsp at a time).
- Gently add in sliced bananas and coat carefully with caramel.
- Leave until bananas are completely heated.
- On a plate place your individual pie crusts and fill with Banana Caramel filling.
- Top with coconut whipped cream if desired and crushed nuts.
DAMY Members – 1 Serving is a perfect clean treat.