This is a recipe that I have been making for a few years now but with a few updates and changes.
It is a very simple recipe that always receives big compliments.
Children and adults alike adore this recipe.
I highly recommend saving this recipe. It is perfect to have on hand for when you need something fast that everyone will love. It is perfect for entertaining!
I have used this recipe in place of birthday cake before and LOVED it.
I have also been known to have some of these bars on hand in my freezer for a quick, guilt-free treat (don’t judge me lol).
This recipe is gluten free, grain free, dairy free, vegan, no – bake, super simple to toss together and tastes amazing.
If you make this recipe or any other from the DAMY Health Blog or The Healthy Rebel App please make sure to use the hashtags #DAMYHealth & #HealthyRebel when sharing your pictures on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram so I can enjoy your versions of my treats!
Cookie Dough Bars with Dark Chocolate Ganache
- 1 Cup Peanuts (or almonds depending on if you like a peanut butter flavour or not)
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews
- 1/2 Cup Pitted Super Soft Dates Chopped
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup (coconut sap OR a few drops of liquid stevia to make these added sugar free. I have used only dates for sweetness before and they turned out awesome!)
- 1/3 Cup Dark Mini Vegan Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Natural Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup (or coconut sap, or a few drops liquid stevia to make these sugar free.)
- *This makes a lot of chocolate candy coating. For myself I do not use the whole amount in this recipe. I place some in a jar for other recipes later.)
- Place all crust ingredients excluding the chocolate chips into your food proccessor and process until dough-like (if your dough does not stick add 1-2 TBSP of warm water while blending).
- Add 1-2 Tbsp water if your dough is not sticking.
- Remove dough from food processor and fold-in chocolate chips by hand with a spoon.
- Cover your glass 8X8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Press dough evenly into dish.
- Place all ganache ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth (stopping periodically to scrape down the sides).
- Pour smooth chocolate ganache evenly on top of the cookie dough.
- Cover glass dish and place in the freezer for 3 hours (to overnight).
- Remove, cut into squares and enjoy immediately.
- Tip – For leftovers place squares back into the freezer in a sealed container.
DAMY Members - 2 squares is a wonderful treat option.
All content and photography of damyhealth.com is the property of DAMY Health and cannot be reproduced in any way without the prior written consent of Amy Layne. This includes remixing, transforming or building upon any material from damyhealth.com.
All content and photography of damyhealth.com is the property of DAMY Health and cannot be reproduced in any way without the prior written consent of Amy Layne. This includes remixing, transforming or building upon any material from damyhealth.com. When trying our recipes please link our original recipe. Thank you.