Kale Chips are a wonderful nutritious snack. I’ve been known to be obsessed with them but this Kale Chip recipe is one of my favourites. These are Cheesy Kale Chips! No worries, there’s no real cheese to be found. In place of cheese we’re going to use nutritional yeast. This is a great snack any time of day including during the evening. To read more about the benefits of Kale and to see my original Kale Chip Recipe (salt and vinegar and kale salad) click here.
Why do I love nutritional yeast?
Nutritional yeast is commonly used by vegans and vegetarians to give a cheesy/nutty flavour to recipes without using actual cheese. It can be used in place of parmesan cheese almost anywhere. It’s great to sprinkle on soups, to bake with, or to use to make a cream cheese sauce. I love to make popcorn with coconut oil and top with nutritional yeast. Oh My Gosh it is delicious! I will have to do a blog post about it.
Nutritional yeast also has some great health benefits. It is a complete protein, contains vitamins and is especially popular for its B vitamins. It is sugar, gluten, and dairy free! Try it today, you will be hooked! Remember, like everything, use portion control.
Cheesy Kale Chips
- 1 large bunch kale
- 1 tbsp olive oil spray OR regular
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Tear kale into bite sized pieces, wash, shake dry and place in a bowl.
- Spray kale with olive oil OR use a measured 1 tbsp and just mix to coat all the kale.
- Place kale on baking sheet and sprinkle with nutritional yeast and lightly dust with sea salt.
- Place in oven and bake 4-5 minutes, turn over and bake for another 4-5 minutes or until crispy. Be careful, it can burn quickly if you don’t keep an eye on it!
- Remove from oven when crispy. Enjoy!