Riding on my obsession with chickpeas I present to you my ‘Healthy Gluten-Free Flourless Breadsticks!’ These breadsticks are high in protein, gluten-free, flourless, and delicious! I think this is a really cool recipe. Here are some uses for your breadsticks:
- To dip in soup
- On the side with chili
- Make into pizza fingers
- Serve with balsamic and olive oil
- Use the dough to make into muffins (more on this later)
- Use as pizza crust
- As garlic fingers
- Just on their own!!!
This recipe is simple. I’m going to jump right into it!
Healthy Gluten-Free Flourless Breadsticks
- 2 cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- dash of salt
- 5 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame butter or use cashew butter)
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp hot sauce (optional)
*This is a large double batch! Feel free to cut this in half.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Add oil and garlic to your food processor. Chop until garlic is in small chunks.
- Add remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth dough consistency (stopping to scrape down sides).
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread dough evenly over sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 36 minutes – please use your discretion this should turn out golden brown (*if you are cutting this recipe in half only bake for 22 minutes).
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on the pan or on a baking rack (if you do not let this cool completely before cutting it will crumble).
- Cut breadsticks into desired shapes.
DAMY Members – Two breadsticks at meal 4 with veggies or marinara OR as your B Column at lunch (meal 3).
Extra ideas – how to enjoy/dress up your breadsticks:
- Pizza Fingers – Top breadsticks lightly with parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast.
- Pizza Crust – Cut baked breadsticks into pizza slices. Top pizza as desired and place under the broiler for a few minutes.
- Breadsticks – Wonderful with organic creamy butternut squash soup with a dollop of non-fat plain greek yogurt.
- Rosemary Breadsticks – Replace spices with rosemary.
- Garlic Fingers – Top breadsticks with minced garlic and olive oil. Place under the broiler for a couple minutes.
- Spices – Feel free to try this recipe with different spices. Have fun and get creative!