Here is the next post in my Jamie Eason Inspired Protein Bar Series! Over the next week I have six (a total of 8 – if you haven’t checked out my Lemon Strawberry Protein Bars yet you must!) amazing protein bar recipes coming to the blog. All these recipes are clean, lean, low-carb, high-protein and full of nutrients.
For anyone that is eating healthy I know a challenge can be avoiding chocolate. Now, dark chocolate here and there is fine in controlled portions but cocoa powder is even better! Cocoa actually has some great health benefits. It is high in anti-oxidants and releases chemicals in the brain that are similar to the chemicals that are released when you are in love. So the comforting feeling you get when you eat chocolate is more than just satisfying your cravings. Here I give you a way to enjoy your chocolate 100% on-plan and guilt free! These are almost fudgy they’re so good. A great idea is to portion these out 2 x 2 in ziplocks to control your portions and have quick to grab snacks.
Enjoy day 2 of my protein bar/muffin series. Let me know how much you love these chocolate bits of goodness! I love hearing from you and chatting about delicious healthy food.
*All these protein bar recipes can be made in a lightly greased 8 x 8 baking dish then cut into squares OR you can make them in muffin tins like I choose to. Either way they are delicious.
Chocolate Protein Bars (Chocolate Protein Muffins)
(made in muffin tins)
- 1 Cup Oat Flour *see notes below
- 2 Scoops Natural Protein Powder (plain whey works great)
- 6-8 Packets Stevia
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp Sea Salt
- 4 Egg Whites
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Cup Pureed Blueberries *see notes below
- ½ Cup Plain Non Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp Natural Cocoa Powder
Oat Flour Directions – To make oat flour simply take dry oatmeal and blend it until it is flour consistency.
Blueberry Puree Directions – Next puree blueberry using a blender or food processor. Make enough to have ½ cup of blueberry puree. Set to the side.
Tip: If you are running low on time or don’t want to puree your own fruit you can always buy jars of organic baby food. 8 oz of baby food in the jar is 1 cup of fruit.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Then mix in all wet ingredients. Stir until smooth and blended.
- Lightly spray muffin tin with oil (extra virgin olive oil).
- Place batter evenly in muffin tins.
- Bake for 30 minutes (check them at the 20 minute mark and keep an eye on them for the last 10 minutes).
- Remove from the oven, gently remove them from the tin and place on a cooling rack. These are very moist and fragile until they cool.
- Once they cool they are firm and yummy! Place in a sealed container.
*Makes 12 protein bars/muffins.
**Serving size for women is 2 (4 for men).
***DAMY Members can have 2 for meal 2 or 4.