This new DAMY Recipe is the best way to get extra nutrients into you, your family and children. The secret added pumpkin adds a ton of great vitamins, fiber and nutrients. The flavor is amazing!
This bake (as I like to call it) is easy, packed with all the “good for you” stuff and doesn’t have a pumpkin flavor. The pumpkin just adds a rich depth to the sauce. The extra veggies in the recipe below are optional. Feel free to add or subtract these options.
For picky eaters that you want to get some great nutrients into simply take the suggested veggies below and instead of adding them chopped to the recipe place them in the food processor with your sauce mixture and blend them until they are smooth. No one will know they are there!
I made this recipe with tofu but it would also be great with cooked cubed chicken or ground turkey. Another great thing about this recipe is that it is even better as left-overs. It is perfect for lunch or dinner!
Secret Pumpkin Bake
Makes 6-8 Servings.
- 2 Packages of Firm Tofu (cubed)
- 1 Over-Flowing Cup of Plain Non Fat Cottage Cheese (dry curd is my favorite)
- 1/3 Cup Egg Whites
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Add Bite-sized Veggies as you wish (or none for the picky eaters)
- 3 Medium Sized Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Sized Zucchini (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- ½ White Onion (chopped finely – optional)
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Basal
- 1 Tbsp Mrs. Dash Onion and Herb
- 2 Cups Plain Pumpkin Puree
- Pre-heat oven to 425F.
- Hand mash tomatoes in a bowl with a potato masher OR purée your tomatoes in your food processor until fairly smooth. Some chunks are no problem! I have done it with my processor and my potatoes masher. Both turned out wonderful.
- In a bowl add puréed tomatoes, chopped veggies, pumpkin, spices, tofu, cottage cheese, and eggs. Stir until completely mixed.
- Lightly oil your large casserole dish.
- Place mixture evenly into casserole dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes. Stirring half way through.
DAMY Members – For a complete lunch serve over brown rice pasta. For supper enjoy this bake sprinkled with some parmesan cheese and a side salad.