How was your weekend? I had such a wonderful weekend. The weather here was beautiful and we took full advantage of it spending as much of the weekend outside as we could! I wanted to make something easy and homey for supper last night. I updated a classic favourite! Shepherds Pie!
In the evenings my husband and I don’t like to have heavy carbs when we’re not going to use them as energy. So, instead I replaced the whipped potatoes with my famous Whipped Cauliflower.
This recipe was so simple. I decided to use a veggie ground beef but you are free to use anything you’d like. Some great options are:
- Non-fat ground beef
- Non-fat ground turkey
- Any veggie ground beef
- You could even try our turkey sausage
- Cooked Lentils
Low Carb Shepherds Pie
Makes 4 Servings (This recipe is extremely flexible and you are welcome to make it as big or as small as you want).
- 1 Package Yves Original Veggie Ground Beef or 2 Cups of Cooked Lentils
- 1 Cup Diced Carrots
- 1 Cup Corn
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas
- Whipped Cauliflower
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Make your whipped cauliflower – directions here.
- Cook your carrots until they are firm but cooked.
- Dice carrots into corn sized pieces.
- Grease baking dish or ramekins.
- Spread layer of veggie ground beef on the bottom of your dish.
- Layer carrots, corn and peas.
- Top with a layer (as thick as you want) of whipped cauliflower.
- Sprinkle Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until cauliflower starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and let set for a few moments before serving.
Note: I like to serve this recipe in ramekins. The dish stays together nicely and is already in individual servings.
DAMY Members: This recipe can be enjoyed for supper or lunch. If for supper – try to only have it once per week. If you are on the last 4 weeks of the Bikini Body Program this is not a recommended dish.