So I am in a leaning out phase and really, really, really wanted something “bad”.
I was thinking pub food and what I used to love… Zucchini sticks came to mind. I wanted to create these zucchini inspired chips while staying on plan (I am doing the last 4 weeks of the Bikini Body Program and ladies that have done it know what I am talking about) and it worked out awesome!!!
These are delish!!!
Here is how I did this fast, guilt-free pub style treat.
Skinny Breaded Zucchini Chips (Gluten Free)
- 1 Medium – Large Zucchini
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Egg Whites
- ¼ Cup – 1/3 Cup Almond Flour (depending on the size of your zucchini)
- Salt and Pepper
- (Condiments: Low-Sugar Natural Ketchup and Non-fat Plain Greek Yogurt – in place of sour cream)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Slice zucchini into thin coins.
- Place in a bowl with your olive oil, egg whites, almond flour and salt and pepper.
- Toss until zucchini is completely coated in mixture.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly place zucchini on sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes on each side – watch these closely. Depending on how thin you slice them and the heat of your oven – times may change.
- Remove, place on a plate and enjoy.
Feel free to use Greek Yogurt or Natural Ketchup for dipping.
DAMY Members: Using ¼ cup of almond flour you can have these for an afternoon snack or with your supper (meal 4, 5 or 6).