I could not wait to get this recipe out! You know how I love a secret healthy ingredient recipe like our Cauliflower Crust Pizza, Healthy Cookie Dough Dip, Healthy Cake Batter Dip, Healthy Chickpea Cookies, Quinoa Brownies, Healthy Chocolate Truffles & No-Bake Cookies and Chocolate Pumpkin No-Bake Brownies… Well, today’s secret ingredient is Avocados!
This is a beautiful dessert that can be served at any special occasion. I’ve given you a couple options on how to serve this dessert including making one large tart to cut and serve topped with strawberries and agave or individual tarts topped with coconut whipped cream, mint sprigs or cocoa. Any of these options are to die for!
This Healthy Double Chocolate Pudding Tart Recipe is simple in the best way possible. It is rich, creamy, yet healthy. No one will ever know that this recipe is from natural, real ingredients. Serve this tart to your friends and then tell them that the main ingredient is avocado! They will never believe it.
The recipe speaks for itself… Enjoy!
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, no-bake, and has a secret ingredient – avocado.
Healthy Double Chocolate Pudding Tart (Avocado Chocolate Pudding)
Makes one 7 inch large tart or 10-12 individual sized tarts
Chocolate Fudge Crust Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Pitted Dates
- 1 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa
Chocolate Avocado Pudding Ingredients:
- 4 Avocados
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup plus 2 Tbsp Agave (Maple Syrup or Coconut Sap – to make this sugar-free you can use liquid stevia to taste)
- 1/3 Cup Natural Cocoa
- 1/2 Cup Melted Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips (Optional)
Chocolate Fudge Crust Directions:
- Using your large food processor bowl and blade process all crust ingredients until dough-like consistency.
- Tip – If your dates are dry and the dough is not sticking together add 1-2 Tbsp of water and process again.
- Grease a muffin tin or spring-form pan with a natural oil.
- Distribute crust evenly into the muffin tin or spring-form pan pressing down.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding Directions:
- Melt dark chocolate chips and set aside to reach room temperature.
- Place all pudding ingredients (including melted chocolate chips) in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Make sure to scrape down the sides occasionally.
- Tip – Feel free to reduce the amount of chocolate chips if you are not indulging.
- Pour pudding evenly on top of crust (either in muffin tin or in spring-form pan).
- Place in the freezer and let set for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freeze, top as desired (see below) and enjoy!
DAMY Members – This is the perfect special occasion dessert or treat.
- Drizzled agave with strawberry slices (as pictured – my personal favorite).
- Healthy Raspberry Drizzle
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- Mint Sprigs
- Fresh fruit of choice