I love this recipe! I mean it. It is delicious. You will never have to settle for a regular sugar filled, chemical laden blizzard again. This recipe is the bomb!
I like to make it in a few different ways depending on what I’m in the mood for. You can make it as a regular blizzard as instructed below using frozen bananas. If you don’t have frozen bananas – just make the recipe (using unfrozen bananas), toss it in a bowl, place it in your freezer for a couple hours and it will be the perfect consistency for you to eat then.
Ice Cream Cake – My favorite way to do this is to make individual, pre-portioned cookie dough blizzard ice cream cakes by using the regular recipe, placing in ice cream sandwich molds and freezing them overnight before enjoying. These pop out in perfect individual little ice cream cakes (in the picture where I use this option I also served it with Coconut Whipped Cream and an Avocado Chocolate Ganache created by just using this recipe found here but placing it in the refrigerator overnight and using a small ice cream scoop to scoop it out).
Cookie Dough Blizzard on a Stick – This is created by simply using your favorite popsicle molds. Just watch when you use this recipe – These need to be served directly from the freezer as they do melt quickly.
This recipe is gluten free, vegan, dairy free, grain free, high fiber, all natural, easy and the perfect dupe for a regular Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard.
The Best Vegan Cookie Dough Blizzard (and Cake)
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Yield: Makes 5-6 Servings (up to 10 popsicles)
Cookie Dough Ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup Natural Peanuts
- 1/2 Cup Natural Cashews
- 1/2 Cup Pitted Dates
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/3 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips (or Carob Chips)
Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 4 Chopped, Frozen Bananas
- Pinch of Salts
- 6 Packets of Stevia (or 2 Tbsp of Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Light Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut
- Place all cookie dough ingredients (except chocolate chips) into your food processor and blend until cookie dough consistency.
- Remove from food processor, place in a bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Set aside.
- In the food processor place ice cream ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add cookie dough mixture in dollops into the food processor with the ice cream.
- Pulse a couple times.
- Remove from food processor, feel free to top with 1 tbsp of chocolate chips, crushed nuts, and/or shredded coconut and serve.
- Individual Ice Cream Cake Directions – *If you are making the individual cookie dough ice cream cakes simply place blended mixture into your ice cream sandwich molds and freeze overnight.
- Immediately before serving remove from ice cream sandwich molds, place onto a plate, add coconut whipped cream and chocolate ganache if desired.
- Cookie Dough Blizzard on a Stick Directions – *Place mixture into popsicle molds and freeze overnight. Serve immediately out of the freezer as these get soft quickly.