This recipe is so yummy and equally easy! This is a throw-together/all-natural fun recipe. This Quinoa Haystack Recipe is wonderful for get togethers, parties and the Holiday Season (More Holiday Recipes can be found here).
For a party I like to make these in the one-inch size and serve them in mini muffin cups. These are the perfect two-bite snack for guests.
These bites are rich with flavor and contain only natural ingredients with a ton of health benefits. Enjoy these chocolate dense Haystack Bites!
If you love these Quinoa Haystacks check out these recipes:
- Maca Macaroons
- Key Lime Pie & Lemon Meringue Macaroons
- Chocolate Covered Macaroons
- No-Bake Cookies, Trifles and Chocolates<
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, added protein, all natural, easy and wonderful for the Holiday Season!
Quinoa Haystacks (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Yield: Makes 24 Two-Inch Haystacks or 48 One-Inch Haystacks
- 2 Cups Pre-Cooked Quinoa
- 1/2 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 2 Scoops Natural Protein Powder
- 1/4 Cup Ground Flax
- 1/4 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Natural Cocoa
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Pre-Soaked Dates (I soaked mine overnight)
- 1 Cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Agave Nectar
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- Place all ingredients excluding the quinoa and coconut into the food processor and pulse until mixed.
- Scoop into a bowl with coconut and quinoa.
- Mix ingredients completely.
- Using a scoop or melon-baller form Haystacks.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerated.