I adore sherbet and ice cream in the summer but I love myself too much to fill up on white sugar, cream, fat, etc. So, I am always in the kitchen blending up whole, natural-food ice creams. They are not only satisfying they are divine to the taste buds.
Right now I am obsessed with pineapple and mango and, of course, blueberries that are in full season. So, this ice cream came together quite naturally.
The wonderful thing about eating whole natural foods is they provide health benefits to the body.
Here are some fun facts about the ingredients in this recipes:
Pineapple – Pineapple is high in the enzyme bromelain. This enzyme is a great digestive aid helping to breakdown protein but it can also regulate inflammation and may decrease the joint pain of osteoarthritis.
Mango – Mangos are one of my favorite foods. They are jam packed with vitamins and minerals making them great for maintaining a healthy immune system.
Blueberries – Blueberries are delicious anti-oxidant rich fruit and consumed on a daily basis have been shown to aid in the prevention of hypertension, improve memory and lower cholesterol.
For more fabulous clean whole-food ice cream options check out these links:
- Mango and Lime Ice Cream with Soft Caramel Date Chunks (Raw/V/GF)
- Clean Maple Pecan Ice Cream
- Clean Vegan Coconut Ice Cream
- Clean Strawberry Banana Ice Cream
- Triple Berry Cheesecake Soft Serve
- Skinny Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ice Cream
- The Best Vegan Cookie Dough Blizzard (and Cake)
- Single-Serving Vegan Cookie Dough Blizzard
- Vegan Snickerdoodle Blizzard
For clean whole-food popsicle options check out these links:
- Banana Split on a Stick
- Brownie Batter on a Stick
- Hidden Goddess Greens Chocolate Fudgesicles
- Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicle
- Healthy Peanut Butter Protein Fudgesicles
- Homemade Revello Ice Cream Bars
This recipe is a raw, vegan, gluten free, natural, whole-food ingredient recipe and skinny dessert.
Pineapple Mango Ice Cream w/ Blueberry Sprinkles
Prep time: 2 Minutes
Yield: Makes 2 Servings
- 1 Cup Chopped Frozen Mango
- 1 Cup Chopped Pineapple
- 5 Drops Liquid Vanilla Flavored Stevia
- 1 Handful Blueberries
- Place Mango, Pineapple and Stevia into your food processor and blend until smooth.
- If you are having trouble getting the smooth ice cream texture add a tbsp or two of water while you are blending.
- Place into a bowl and top with your blueberries.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Tip – You can also place this mixture with the blueberries into popsicle moulds and freeze them overnight for creamy delicious popsicles.
DAMY Members – 1 Serving can be enjoyed for meal two or four. (Or as an awesome, extremely clean, treat option)