Smoothies are a perfect snack in the summer. They are refreshing, easy to travel with and a great way to get in your beautiful nutrients without feeling stuffed and weighed down.
I personally, at least, have one smoothie per day in the summer. Lately those smoothies have been “Green Smoothies” so I was craving something different and what a healthy way to get the flavors and satisfaction of Pecan Pie.
Here is some info on why this smoothie is so sexy:
- Cinnamon – Two studies have shown that consuming cinnamon may help in controlling blood sugar levels. It is also believed that cinnamon can keep your appetite satisfied longer and freshen and/or maintain fresh breath. It also has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties.
- Pecans – Pecans are a good source of healthy fats and protein. They have been shown to help lower cholesterol levels and may contribute to neurological health.
- Dates – Dates are high in fiber and are a fantastic source of energy. Dates contain fast absorbing sugars which are great for energy levels pre and post workout. Dates also contain a significant amount of iron and certain B Vitamins. They are also very easy have on the go for when energy levels dip. Their sweetness provide a fantastic substitution for regular sugar in recipes.
To read about the benefits of the other ingredients in this smoothie click here.
Check out these links for other great DAMY Smoothies:
- The Complete Guide to Creating Green Juice and Smoothies
- The Key Lime Radiant Beauty Smoothie
- 101 Healthy Smoothies
This recipe is gluten free, raw, vegan, easy and delicious!
Sexy Raw Pecan Pie Smoothie
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Yield: 1 Serving
- 1/2 Frozen Banana
- 4 Pitted Dates
- 1/4 Cup Pecans
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (OR 2 Tbsp Hemp Seeds)
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (OR Natural Coconut Water)
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Note: Feel free to ‘dust’ with added cinnamon.