I love simple. I love time-saving side dishes that make my life easier. This dish is one of those.
You can make this dish in a frying pan and have beautiful sauteed kale but for me I need time and I also like texture in my meals. So, with this recipe I put it in the oven and go get work done for 10-12 minutes.
Baking this in the oven makes some ends of the kale crispy which I love. This adds just a different flavor and feel to the dish that I personally enjoy more. And, again, remember you can be hands free for 10-12 minutes to do laundry or fix the rest of your meal.
This can be used as a side dish with any meal or in some unique ways I enjoy using it – In my household planning ahead and making large batches of certain foods helps us live a busy lifestyle. For instance we always have a large batch of quinoa in the refrigerator. To for a meal for lunch I can grab some pre-cooked quinoa, beans and this sauteed kale. That is a delicious, simple, super-clean meal that is thrown together in minutes.
For supper you can have this kale topped with any lean protein of your choice and some whipped cauliflower potatoes. This makes a low-carb fantastic supper.
This sauteed kale would also be beautiful over top of scrambled tofu or eggs.
Sauteed Cheesy Sriracha Kale
Prep time: 2 Minutes – Cook time: 12 Minutes – Total time: 14 Minutes
Yield: 3 Servings
- 6 Cups Organic Pre-Washed Baby Kale (You can use regular kale and wash it/chop it yourself)
- 1-2 Tsp Olive Oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 2-3 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Sriracha Hot Sauce (to taste)
- A Pinch of Sea Salt
- Place your oven on 350 F.
- Place above ingredients into a bowl and completely coat kale with the toppings.
- Place on a baking stone or a parchment covered baking sheet spread out evenly.
- If you love Sriracha feel free to drizzle a little bit more on before baking.
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!
DAMY Members – One serving of this recipe can be enjoyed as your vegetable for breakfast, lunch, supper or meal 6.