We all know I love a good dupe recipe! I love taking questionable ingredient treats and turning them into pure, whole ingredient recipes that we are excited to enjoy.
I am thrilled to share this recipe with you. It is truly awesome. If you love Turtles Chocolates or just simply the idea of salted caramel decadent chocolate and pecans you will flip for this recipe.
Some of my other favorite dupes to check out:
- Icy Squares Chocolates
- Raw Vegan Snickers Bar
- Hazelnut Lindor Easter Eggs
- Raw Vegan Revello Bars
- Vegan Salted Caramels
- Vegan Fried Clams
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Reece Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
This recipe is raw, vegan, gluten free, whole ingredient recipe and is the perfect dupe for Turtles Chocolates.
Homemade Raw Vegan Turtles Chocolates
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Yield: Approx. 10 Turtles
- 1/2 Cup Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 Tbsp Natural Cocoa Powder
- 1/8 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 10 Soft (Fresh and Pitted) Medjool Dates
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Natural Pure Almond Butter
- 10 Drops Liquid Stevia
- 30 Pecans
- Place all caramel ingredients (except the pecans) into your food processor and blend until smooth stopping to scrape down the sides (keep blending and scraping until the mixture is smooth and dough-like).
- Line a bowl with saran wrap and scrape caramel dough into it.
- Place in the freezer or refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Roll caramel dough into two inch balls and press down to flatten.
- Press in 3 pecans to each flattened ball of caramel.
- Place on baking cooling rack and back in the freezer for 30 minutes (the baking cooling rack is just to use for when we drizzle the chocolate the excess will fall through on to plastic wrap and will not be wasted).
- Place all chocolate ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove flattened caramels from the freezer.
- Place plastic wrap underneath the cooling rack.
- Using a spoon cover each caramel with chocolate evenly using the back of the spoon to cover the sides and to smooth out the top of each caramel. Let each chocolate set for a few moments before moving.
- Enjoy or carefully place in a parchment lined container and store in the freezer.
- Enjoy these treats straight from the freezer for best consistency.
DAMY Members – 3 Turtles is a great treat.