Chocolate and caramel – the perfect combination. I love these chewy chocolate covered salted caramels. They are the perfect treat. The combination of sweet, salty with rich chocolate is heavenly.
This recipe is simple to create and has a big taste payoff. If you love chocolate and caramel you will adore this recipe.
If you love chocolate and caramel check out these:
- Homemade Chewy Vegan Salted Caramels
- Homemade Chocolate Fudge Truffles
- Caramel Blondie Brownie Cheesecake (Vegan/Raw)
- Chocolate Mint Fudge Pie (Raw/Vegan)
- Chocolate Caramel Pecan Tart for Two
- Chocolate Ganache Cookie Dough Squares
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, simple to create and tastes fantastic.
Raw Vegan Chocolate Covered Salted Caramels
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Yield: Makes 15 Chocolate Covered Salted Caramels
Salted Caramel Ingredients:
- 10 Soft (Fresh and Pitted) Medjool Dates
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Natural Pure Almond Butter
- 10 Drops Liquid Stevia
Chocolate Coating Ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 Tbsp Natural Cocoa Powder
- 1/8 Cup Pure Maple Syrup (Coconut Sap or Agave)
- Place all Salted Caramel ingredients into your food processor blending until completely smooth.
- Place mixture into a bowl, cover with saran wrap and place into the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Place all Coating ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove Salted Caramel mixture from the freezer.
- Using a spoon, melon baller or your hands form individual one inch balls from the caramel mixture.
- Place on a baking cooling rack and immediately coat with Chocolate Coating.
- Continue to coat each Chocolate Covered Salted Caramel on all sides and the top.
- Place back into the freezer for a few moments to set.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store in the freezer (enjoy straight from the freezer).
DAMY Members –3-4 Caramels is a wonderful treat option.