Renewing my passport has been a truly eye opening experience. I am aware of how much better my life feels everyday but this was kind of shocking to see.
On the left is my picture from 7 years ago. I was 24, miserable, 30 pounds heavier, smoking on the weekends, suffering from self-hate, negative relationships, feeling trapped in a career I began to resent, was suffering with terrible acne and on a relentless cycle of binging and purging. I was at a real low in my life.
On the right is my recent photo (I am now 31). This to me, is the proof of what change can happen with living a healthy, happy lifestyle. I look dramatically healthier and happier in this photo and to me appear much younger than I did 7 years ago.
Today I wake up in the morning and love my life. There are still challenges and tough times but I never feel the lows I did back then. I love myself, I only participate in healthy relationships, I take care of my body, I nourish my mind & spirit daily and I have a career that inspires me daily and feels bigger than a “job”.
I get to share my truth, all bumps, bruises, joys and success with other women and pray that my words/actions/life give inspiration and guidance to anyone who is looking. My life is completely different. It FEELS completely different which is so hard to put into words sometimes.
This picture (to me) says so much.
I am grateful to be where I am today and to be able to share my journey with you. I pray that I remain brave enough to continue showing all sides of my life. I pray that anyone that can benefit from my truth finds me.
Thank you to all of you that have been on this journey with me. And to my Husband that always saw the whole, perfect me even when I couldn’t.
***I have not had plastic surgery. I say this as I have been accused many times. Seeing these images side by side I can now see why. I did, a few years ago, have my lips very inflated but they have since deflated.
These results have been created by:
- Eating a consistently healthy diet high in fruits and vegetables (plant based)
- Drinking 3L of water per day
- Exercising daily
- Getting adequate sleep
- Changing careers to follow my passion
- Working daily to help others
- Praying and meditating every morning
- Only participating in healthy relationships
- Continual education through courses or simply reading
- Completely letting go of “shoulds”. Ex: A lot of women my age used to enjoy going out to clubs every weekend. I didn’t but I would go often out of guilt and pressure from others. Everything I hated doing I just stopped.
- As much connection to nature as possible
- Completely accepting and allowing who I am, what I enjoy and what I like to do to come forward. Fully embracing my inner “weird”.
All of this is simplified and broken down into my programs that I have created. I live this lifestyle and coach this lifestyle for anyone looking to truly change their lives from the inside out. Sometimes we come to a realization that we want to change from something external like wanting to look hot in a bikini and sometimes it is from just feeling so low that you know there must be an easier way. How you come through the doorway of change doesn’t matter.
It is your commitment and consistency that will change your life.
I am not an exemption. Use any of my positive change to know that you can do it too.
For more about where I’ve been, what I’ve done and how I’ve healed check out these links: