I have a surprise for you. You can make banana bread with chickpeas. Boom, mind blown.
And… it is unreal delicious.
This recipe could be used for breakfast, lunch, dinner, a snack and of course a dessert. This banana bread recipe is fantastic on its own and great with the chocolate frosting.
Using chickpeas as the base for the banana bread and pumpkin as the base for the chocolate frosting makes this recipe packed full of fiber.
This recipe is something that I love making over and over.
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, high fiber and contains secret healthy ingredients.
Secret Ingredient BANANA BREAD with Chocolate Frosting
Prep time: 10 Minutes – Cook time: 45-55 Minutes – Total time: 55 Minutes
Yield: Makes 10-12 Servings
Banana Bread Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 Cups Cooked, Rinsed and Drained Chickpeas
- 1/2 Cup Pure Natural Almond Butter
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 12 Drops Liquid Stevia (If you do not like stevia 2-3 tbsp of maple syrup will work)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Fully Ripe Bananas
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 TspVanilla Extract
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 Cups Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 4 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 15 Drops Liquid Stevia (If you do not like stevia 2-3 tbsp of maple syrup will work)
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Hazelnut Butter (or Cashew/Almond Butter)
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk (More if needed)
- 1/2 Tsp Instant Coffee (Optional)
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 375F.
- Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish with a healthy oil.
- Place all banana bread ingredients into your food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour batter into glass baking dish and place in the oven for 45-55 minutes (until completely brown and poking the center your knife comes out clean).
- Let set on the counter in baking dish for 10 minutes before moving to cooling rack.
- Take cooling rack and using the ‘flip’ method place cooling rack firmly against the top of the glass baking dish and flip baking dish onto cooling rack on the counter.
- Remove baking dish gently and carefully cut banana bread into squares.
- Place all Chocolate Frosting ingredients into your food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Ice your banana bread as you wish to enjoy it.
- If you don’t love the idea of pumpkin in your icing you can try this awesome vegan icing.
DAMY Members – 2 Servings can be used for meal 2 or a treat.