Tis’ the season for soup! I adore soup season. I really enjoy simple soups like a pureed butternut squash soup or just plain garden tomato.
When I’m in a hurry I will just pick up a locally made or organic boxed soup and add to it depending on how busy I am. One thing I miss with soup is a yummy dipping bread.
I wanted to create a dipping bread sweet like corn bread but made with only whole, natural, simple ingredients. Of course I turned to my beloved chickpeas.
If you are looking for a bread that is like what you buy in the store this recipe is not going to be for you. These corn bread bites are thick, moist and perfect for dipping. They will hold together but they will also crumble into your soup – and that to me is perfection.
I find these go amazing with our:
- Simple Vegan Chilli
- Lazy Low Carb Vegan Pasta
- Pumpkin Vegetable Curry
- Vegan Fiesta Salad
- Vegan Veggie “Ground Beef”
- Sundried Tomato and Basil Pasta
This recipe is best handled gently and to re-heat place your pre-cut squares into the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes at 350F.
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, corn free, grain free, high fiber, yeast free, dairy free, sweet, spicy and delicious.
Spicy Pumpkin “Corn Bread” (Perfect for dipping)
Prep time: 5 Minutes – Cook time: 40-45 Minutes – Total time: 50 Minutes
Yield: Makes 12 Individual Servings
- 1 1/2 Cups Cooked Chickpeas (Rinsed and drained. Canned is fine)
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup Pure Natural Almond Butter
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar (You can use stevia to make this sugar free. Adjust to taste)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha (Optional)
- 1 Tsp Chilli Powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 375F.
- Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish with oil of choice.
- Place all ingredients into your food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Evenly distribute “dough” into baking dish smoothing out the top with a spatula.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let set for 10-15 minutes without touching.
- Using the “flip” method take your cooling rack and hold it tightly to the top of the glass baking dish then gently flip the baking dish upside down onto the cooling rack.
- Remove the baking dish and let corn bread cool completely for about an hour.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.
DAMY Members – You can enjoy two of these squares with a cup of soup for meal 2 or 4. You can also use three squares as your healthy carb with lunch.