It’s no secret that I have been obsessed with roasted chickpeas for almost a decade. I love roasted chickpeas on salads, as a snack, in soups, as croutons, as proteins, as carbs and I’m even known to make desserts with chickpeas and always have fresh made hummus in my refrigerator. I literally use chickpeas for everything.
I love using roasted chickpeas in salads for their crunch, filling ability, their healthy carb and protein combination. They give me amazing energy, keep me satisfied for a long time and also are delicious to eat in general.
This salad is extremely filling with the added roasted cauliflower. The bell peppers and onions roast up to be sweet and add flavor to the roasted cauliflower. The chickpeas are salty and spicy. The dressing is tangy and sweet. The lettuce gives a cool, light flavor and the pineapple kicks it all off with sweetness.
This recipe doesn’t have to be an exact science. You can add different spices and flavors as you choose. I could see serving this salad with a side of salsa and guacamole.
This super filling and satisfying salad is a staple in my home and could easily be in yours as well.
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, soy free, high fiber, spicy, sweet, filling and delicious.
Crunchy Chickpea Pineapple Salad with Roasted Cauliflower
- 3 Cups Pre-Cooked Chickpeas (Rinsed and drained - canned is fine)
- 1 Head Cauliflower (Flowerettes chopped into small bites)
- 2 Bell Peppers (Diced)
- 1 Medium White Onion (Finely diced)
- 1/2 Fresh Pineapple (Diced)
- Lettuce or Greens of Choice (I serve approximately 4 cups per person)
- 1 Lime
- 1 Tbsp Honey, Coconut Sap, Agave or Maple Syrup (Optional for those who like it sweet. You could even use liquid stevia in about 8-10 drops to make this sugar free)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Hemp Seeds (Optional)
- Pre-heat your oven at 400F.
- In two separate baking dishes distribute evenly the coconut oil.
- In one of the baking dishes add cauliflower, peppers and onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In the other place chickpeas coated with sriracha and a pinch of salt.
- Place both baking dishes in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour (or until chickpeas are crispy).
- Stir contents of both dishes 1-2 times during the baking process.
- In a small bowl squeeze lime juice from lime and add honey (or whichever sweetener you are using). Stir until mixed.
- On serving plates place lettuce and drizzle with honey/lime mixture.
- Remove baking dishes from oven.
- Top each salad with roasted cauliflower mixture and chickpeas.
- Before serving top with pineapple and hemp seeds.
- Feel free to add more sriracha if you like it spicy.
- Serve and enjoy!
DAMY Members - One serving of this salad with pineapple is a great lunch option or without the pineapple this can be used for supper.
All content and photography of damyhealth.com is the property of DAMY Health and cannot be reproduced in any way without the prior written consent of Amy Layne. This includes remixing, transforming or building upon any material from damyhealth.com. When trying our recipes please link our original recipe. Thank you.