It is hot here in Vancouver! We are having a beautiful start to summer.
With this heat comes the craving for fresh raw meals and some cold fresh cocktails.
During the summer months (for many) these extra cocktails that seem to creep in can be a problem. They don’t have to be. Doing simple things like having a glass of water before and after each cocktail and picking the lightest/healthiest option available will keep you feeling good and in-tune with your goals.
A couple other things about enjoying these water-based, no added sugar summer cocktails is you stay hydrated while drinking alcohol which along with avoiding the extra sugar greatly reduces your chance of feeling sluggish the next day. You will also find that you do not retain as much water.
For more of my favorite healthy summer cocktail options see below:
- Skinny Pink Grapefruit Cream Soda Cocktail & Skinny Cocktail Tips
- Watermelon and Cream Refresher
- The Complete Guide to Creating Green Juice and Smoothies
- Simple Skinny Strawberry Sangria
- Mango Kombucha Mimosa
- All Natural Skinny Lime Margarita w/ Orange Twist (No Added Sugar)
This Sparkling Grapefruit & Basil Cocktail is a super easy summer cocktail that I really enjoy. Ready?
Sparkling Grapefruit & Basil Cocktail (All Natural & No Added Sugar)
- Fresh Grapefruits
- Fresh Basil
- Sparkling Water
- Liquid Stevia
- Vodka (optional)
- In a mason jar or glass squeeze 1/2 of a grapefruit using a hand-held citrus juicer to express the oils in the rind as well.
- Add a handful of ice, shot of vodka, a few leaves of fresh basil, a few drops of stevia (to taste) and fill with sparkling water.
- Serve and enjoy!
I told you it was simple! And it tastes so refreshing on a hot summer day.