I hope you are having a wonderful day today!
This article is about vegan supper options but you do not have to be vegan to enjoy them. You can all enjoy as many non-meat meals as you desire!
If you choose to eat meat as your protein source you can also use these super simple options but sub out the veggie protein for your protein of choice.
I had a couple of emails this week regarding supper options for vegans. It is really easy to over think it and I promise the solutions are super simple!
These options are about having fast, super clean, easy and delicious super options (DAMY Health Online Program Member Note: these can also be used for lunch if you add in your healthy carb and remove the healthy fat).
These meals are all very easy to digest and are staples in my home.
Super Simple Vegan Supper Ideas
Depending on which DAMY Health Online Program you are on your options and portions will vary. I, however, do not want you to ever limit your veggies. When I list 2 cups of veggies for supper that is an “at least”. If you are hungry, add more veggies.
I use spices, onions, garlic, peppers, lemon, lime, herbs, salsa, tomato sauce, low sodium veggie broth, liquid aminos, vinegar (different types and flavours), mustard, freely and as much as I enjoy. You can use any of these to shake up your flavours.
For myself, some of my favourite suppers include:
1) Black beans, bell peppers, onions, salsa, all baked in the oven and served in lettuce wraps (for my healthy fat here I will add some avocado OR when baking use a little more coconut oil).
2) Roasted chickpeas over a huge salad (everything in my fridge goes into this) and some steamed broccoli and cauliflower. I will sprinkle some seeds or nuts over this salad and use a vinegar dressing.
3) Oven roasted cauliflower, asparagus, bell peppers, onions, brussel sprouts and chickpeas in balsamic sauce (I will add a few crushed almonds to this before serving. I also love this recipe baked with sriracha and/or nutritional yeast). This week I did this recipe with garlic and fresh rosemary. It tasted like a holiday meal! So yummy!
4) Salad and roasted veggies sprinkled with hemp seeds (I will use whatever flavours I am in the mood for here).
5) Baked tofu (or tempeh) with steamed mixed veggies and whipped cauliflower. I add a salad here too if I am hungry.
6) Spaghetti squash in a roasted red pepper sauce with mixed veggies on the side and edamame. I add a salad here if I am hungry.
7) Large salad with quinoa, topped with sauteed bell peppers, mushrooms, onions and garlic.
8) Oven roasted mixed veggies and lentils stirred in a pumpkin curry soup with a couple of Tbsp of coconut cream (as the healthy fat).
9) Stir-fried veggies in a garlic sauce with spaghetti squash for pasta (or zucchini as pasta) and some homemade peanut sauce drizzled over top. Add your protein of choice to this meal.
These supper ideas above are super simple and can be dressed up or dressed down. For more vegan lunch and supper recipes written in complete detail check out The Vegan Cleanse Ebook Cookbook.
*Right now The 21 Vegan Cleanse Challenge combined with The 21 Day Vegan Cleanse – The Recipes is at a super discounted rate to celebrate World Vegan Month. If you have been thinking about cleansing or trying a vegan diet this is the time!
Super Simple vegan dinner ideas on the blog:
- Raw Vegan Lunch and Supper ideas (including recipes such as Raw Vegan Faux Tuna Salad, Raw Vegan Tacos, How to Make Raw Vegan Mayo, etc)
- Vegan Lunch Recipes
- Vegan Supper Recipes